Benefits Summary 2022
Group Insurance Coverage
SGMH offers benefit programs (that provides the best coverage) to all full-time and part- time Associates. Any premiums paid by the Associate are pre-tax payroll deductions.
Medical Insurance: An HMO and two PPO’s (Classic- $250 deductible) or (PPO Solutions-$2500 deductible) plans are available. With the HMO plan, SGMH pays the majority of the premium for the Associate and pays a significant portion of the cost for dependent coverage. If you choose the PPO plans be advised that any additional cost beyond the HMO is paid for by the associate.
Dental Insurance: A choice of HMO or PPO plans are provided. SGMH pays a portion of the cost for Associate coverage; dependent coverage is also available through United Concordia.
Vision Insurance: An Associate -paid vision plan is available to Associate and eligible dependents through Anthem Blue View.
Life Insurance: The hospital provides group term life insurance (see below).
Hospital Paid Coverage
Life Insurance: The hospital automatically provides a Basic Life and AD&D benefit in the amount of $100,000.00 for all eligible employees.
Long-Term Disability Insurance: The hospital provides long term disability Insurance. The Associate may be eligible for the long-term disability once the disability has exceeded 180 days. The amount of the monthly benefit is 35% of covered monthly earnings up to a maximum of $2,500.00.
Disability Insurance: An Associate – paid short-term disability plan is available to full and part time Associates, providing salary continuation benefits in the event of disability.
Life Insurance: Additional life insurance beyond that provided by the hospital may be purchased by full and part-time employees up to five times your annual salary. Available through Anthem.
Accident Insurance: An Associate -paid plan that helps offset the unexpected medical expenses, such as emergency room fees, deductibles and co-payments, which can result from a fracture, dislocation or other covered accidental injury.
Cancer Insurance: An Associate paid plan that helps offset the out-of–pocket medical and indirect, non-medical expenses related to cancer that most medical plans don’t cover. This coverage also provides a benefit for specified cancer screening tests.
Critical Illness Insurance: An Associate -paid plan that complements your major medical coverage by providing a lump-sum benefit that you can use to pay the direct and indirect costs related to a covered critical illness, which can often be expensive and lengthy.
Hospital Confinement Insurance: An Associate -paid plan that provides a lump-sum benefit for a covered hospital confinement and a covered outpatient surgery to help offset the gaps caused by co-payments and deductibles that are not covered by most major medical plans.
Paid Time Off (PTO): Full-time and Part-time benefit eligible associates begin accruing PTO the 1st pay period after completion of the 90-day Introductory Period. Per Diem Associates are not benefit eligible and therefore do not accrue PTO. PTO may be used for holidays, vacation, personal days, and any other time away from work. 40 hours of PTO can be cashed out two times per year, as long as after the cash out there is a remaining balance of 40 hours in your PTO bank. PTO cash out must be requested the December prior to the year of the request, i.e. must be requested 12/2021 for cash out in 2022.
Extended Sick Leave (ESL): Full-time and Part-time benefit eligible associates begin accruing ESL the 1st pay period after completion of the 90-day Introductory Period. Per-diem Associates are not benefit eligible and therefore do not accrue ESL. The ESL bank is available for use when your illness extends beyond 24 continuous work hours. ESL benefits are integrated with State Disability benefits.
California Paid Sick Leave (CPSL): 24 hours of California Paid Sick Leave is front loaded every July 1st (beginning of the fiscal year). Use of this benefit is available on the 90th day of employment.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): These are accounts that you may participate in which will allow you set aside pre-tax dollars in anticipation of what you may spend on Medical/Dental/Vision as well as Dependent Care over the calendar year for yourself, spouse and your eligible dependents.
- FSA (Healthcare Flexible Spending Account): You can set aside money from your pay, pre-tax, and use it for medical, dental, and vision expenses any time during the plan year. You can use the account for yourself, your spouse, your children up to age 26 as of the end of the tax year, and your legal tax dependents. You don’t have to enroll in one of our medical plans to participate in the healthcare FSA. The catch is that you need to estimate carefully. If you set aside more than you need and don’t spend it by the deadline, you may forfeit some or all of your remaining account balance. See the table on the next page for more details. This would include expenses like co-pays for office visits, prescriptions, glasses, contacts, dental work, and many other expenses. Annual Maximum contribution is up to $2,750/year.
- DCFSA (Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account): A dependent care Flexible Spending Account can help families save potentially hundreds of dollars per year on child care. A dependent care FSA allows you to set aside money, before taxes, to pay for eligible work-related day care expenses. These expenses include not only day care, but also before- and after-school care programs, preschool and summer day camp for children under age 13. The account can also be used for care for a spouse or other dependent who lives with you and is physically or mentally incapable of self-care. You can set aside up to $5,000 per household per year and get reimbursed up to your current account balance, tax-free. Estimate carefully! Money contributed to a dependent care FSA must be used for expenses incurred during that plan year. Any remaining account balance will be forfeited.
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan (with Principal) to Associates of the hospital regardless of employment status. Participation in the 403(b) plan affords you an excellent opportunity to help accumulate money for a secure retirement. You contribute pretax dollars automatically through convenient payroll deductions, which might lower current income taxes. You may also make after-tax contributions to a Roth account in the plan through convenient payroll deductions (see additional information on the Roth IRA below). In addition, San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital will match dollar for dollar up to a maximum of 5% per pay period/biweekly to the traditional 403(b).
Roth IRA Savings Plan
Roth IRA Savings Plan is available. Deductions/contributions to a Roth IRA are taxable so you do not have to pay the taxes when you retire. A Roth IRA provides tax-free growth. There is no penalty for withdrawal of funds or mandatory age for distribution of earning with a Roth IRA, (other IRA owners must begin withdrawals at 70.5 years of age). Also, a Roth IRA can be inherited.
On-Site: A variety of continuing education opportunities are available through the Staff Education Department. Full and part-time associates may take advantage of these training opportunities for minimal cost. Per Diem associates may also utilize these classes, at the regular class rate.
Student Loan Forgiveness
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital is a non-profit organization, and this may qualify you for student loan forgiveness, certain requirements apply before your loans will be forgiven. This program is called Public Loan Forgiveness (PSFL). To learn more about the requirement to qualify, please visit www.studentaid.gov/publicservice
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This is 100% paid by SGMH. You do not need to be enrolled in any benefits to receive this Employee Assistance Program. Coverage is provided by MHN.
- HOW DOES MHN (EAP) HELP?
- Problem-solving support (face to face sessions, phone, or web video consultations)
- Work and Life Services (i.e. childcare and eldercare assistance, financial services, legal services, identity theft recovery services, and daily living services)
- Health and wellness resources
This benefit is available to all Associates even if you are not on a benefit plan with the hospital.
- EAP counselors are available 24/7. The program offers up to 3 free sessions per concern with local counselors per year.
- You also have access to their website which contains over 3,400 helpful articles that will help you create balance and information in your life.
The hospital recognizes length of service in five-year increments. Each year we celebrate those associates achieving a five-year milestone.
Associates of the Month Appreciation Award
Each month, the Human Resources Department recognizes an outstanding Associate who has been nominated. The Associate of the month will be one that has gone above and beyond or has shown excellence in their position.
Each month associates who have been recognized by their peers, patients, patient’s families, etc. may be eligible for recognition through a Gem Award
Perfect Attendance Awards
Each year associates that have fulfilled their employment obligations (on time for shift, no tardies, and have not missed a day of work or do not have unexcused absences) are recognized for having achieved perfect attendance.
Hospital Week/Nurses Week
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital is associated with Arrowhead Credit Union. All associates are eligible to join the credit union. Associates may arrange for loan payments or savings deposits to be made by payroll deduction.
All Associates may have their payroll check deposited automatically to participating financial institutions. Deposits may be made to different accounts and financial institutions.
Many amusement and entertainment centers in the Southern California area make discount cards and special promotion discounts available to the hospital. All associates are eligible to take advantage of these opportunities via the Fun Express website.
We also have a list of local business’ that will give you a discount on products or services with the presentation of your hospital badge.
Benefits & Leave Specialist
951-845-1121 ext. 2192