The physical therapy department at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital provides a full range of services. We treat a wide variety of conditions, from postoperative conditions to simple aches and pains. We specialize in sports medicine, treatment of the spine, shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, hand and foot disorders, arthritis, congenital and neurologic disorders, and work-related injuries.
What is Physical Therapy?
Our goal is to help you improve movement and function, increase mobility, alleviate pain, and improve your overall quality of life. We strive to restore, maintain and promote overall fitness and health. To achieve this goal, we may use exercise, heat, cold, electrical stimulation and manual therapy techniques.
Conditions We Treat
We successfully treat all orthopedic disorders, including:
- Postoperative conditions
- Industrial injuries: Physical therapists determine an employee's fitness requirements for specific jobs, identify potentially dangerous work sites and provide treatment to injured workers
- Sports injuries
- Neurological disorders, such as strokes and nerve injuries
- Wound care for treatment for diabetic ulcers and vascular disease
- Arthritis: Treatment for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid conditions and osteoporosis
- Hand injuries: Treatment of fractures, sprains, arthritic conditions and carpal tunnel
- Joint replacement: People who have had knee or hip replacement benefit from physical therapy to regain maximum mobility and function
- Musculoskeletal pain: Treatment of low-back pain; neck pain; and shoulder, foot, elbow, knee, hip and ankle ailments
- Vestibular rehabilitation: Exercise-based program for positive vertigo and fall prevention.
- Ergonomic evaluation
- Outpatient speech and language pathology services, as well as our continued inpatient SLP
All of the employees of the physical therapy department are fully licensed physical therapists or physical therapy assistants with several specialties, including manual and orthopedic therapy.