Benefits Summary 2016
Group Insurance Coverage
SGMH offers Anthem Blue Cross group insurance plans to full and part time employees. Any premiums paid by the employee are pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Medical Insurance: An HMO (Classic, California Care) and two Prudent Buyer PPO’s. 250 or 2500 plans are available. With the HMO plan, SGMH pays the majority of the premium for the employee and pays a significant portion of the cost for dependent coverage. If you choose the PPO plans be advised that any additional cost beyond the HMO is paid for by the employee.
- Dental Insurance: A choice of HMO and PPO plans are provided. SGMH pays a portion of the cost for employee coverage; dependent coverage is also available.
- Vision Insurance: An employee-paid vision plan is available to employees and eligible dependents.
- Life Insurance: The hospital provides group term life insurance (see below).
Hospital Paid Coverage
- Life Insurance: The hospital automatically provides a Basic Life and AD&D benefit in the amount of $100,000.00 for all eligible employees.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: The hospital provides long term disability Insurance. The Employee would be eligible for the long term disability once the disability has exceeded 180 days. The amount of the monthly benefit is based on your rate of pay.
- Disability Insurance: An employee-paid disability plan is available to full and part time employees, providing salary continuation benefits in the event of disability. Available through Colonial.
- Life Insurance: Additional life insurance beyond that provided by the hospital may be purchased by full and part time employees up to five times your annual salary. Available through Anthem.
- Accident Insurance: An employee-paid plan that helps offset the unexpected medical expenses, such as emergency room fees, deductibles and co-payments, which can result from a fracture, dislocation or other covered accidental injury. Available through Colonial.
- Cancer Insurance: An employee-paid plan that helps offset the out-of –pocket medical and indirect, non-medical expenses related to cancer that most medical plans don’t cover. This coverage also provides a benefit for specified cancer screening tests. Available through Colonial.
- Critical Illness Insurance: An employee-paid plan that complements your major medical coverage by providing a lump-sum benefit that you can use to pay the direct and indirect costs related to a covered critical illness, which can often be expensive and lengthy. Available through Colonial.
- Hospital Confinement Insurance: An employee-paid plan that provides a lump-sum benefit for a covered hospital confinement and a covered outpatient surgery to help offset the gaps caused by copayments and deductibles that are not covered by most major medical plans. Available through Colonial.
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off (PTO): After completion of the 90-day Introductory Period, the Paid Time Off (PTO) bank accrues for full time and part time employees. Per Diem employees do not accrue PTO. This bank may be used for holidays, vacation, and short term illnesses. 40 hours of PTO can be cashed out twice yearly, as long as after the cash out there is a remaining balance of 40 hours in your PTO bank.
Extended Sick Leave (ESL): After completion of the 90-day Introductory Period, the Extended Sick Leave (ESL) bank accrues for full time and part time employees. Per-diem employees do not accrue ESL. This bank may be used for longer term illnesses and benefits are coordinated with State Disability.
California Paid Sick Leave (CPSL): California Paid Sick Leave will begin to accrue upon the 30-day employment. Use of this benefit is available on the 90-day of employment. CPSL accrues at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked up to a maximum of 24 hours.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): These are accounts that you may participate in which will allow you set aside pre-tax dollars in anticipation of what you may spend on Medical/Dental/Vision as well as Dependent Care over the calendar year for yourself, spouse and your eligible dependents.
- Health Care Reimbursement Account allows you to set aside a portion of your before-tax salary dollars to reimburse yourself for eligible expenses which are not covered by a group medical, prescription drug, vision or dental plan. This would include expenses like co-pays for office visits, prescriptions, glasses, contacts, dental work, and many other expenses. Annual Maximum contribution is up to $2,550/year.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account allows you to use pre-tax salary dollars to reimburse yourself for dependent care expenses. Annual Maximum contribution is up to $5,000/year.
Retirement Savings Plan
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan (with Principal) to all Associates of the hospital. Participation in the 403(b) plan affords you an excellent opportunity to help accumulate money for a secure retirement. You contribute pretax dollars automatically through convenient payroll deductions, which might lower current income taxes. You may also make after-tax contributions to a Roth account in the plan through convenient payroll deductions. In addition, San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital will contribute $1.00 up to a maximum of 5% of your total annual compensation to the traditional 403(b).
Roth IRA Savings Plan
Roth IRA Savings Plan is available. Deductions/contributions to a Roth IRA are taxable so you do not have to pay the taxes when you retire. A Roth IRA provides tax-free growth. There is no penalty for withdrawal of funds or mandatory age for distribution of earning with a Roth IRA, (other IRA owners must begin withdrawals at 70.5 years of age). Also, a Roth IRA can be inherited.
On-Site: A variety of continuing education opportunities are available through the Staff Education Department. Full and part time employees may take advantage of these training opportunities for minimal cost. Per Diem employees may also utilize these classes, at the regular class rate.
Student Loan Forgiveness
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital is a non-profit organization and this may qualify you for loan forgiveness if you have made 120 payments on your student loans. This program is called Public Loan Forgiveness (PSFL). To learn more about the requirement to qualify, please visit www.studenaid.gov/publicservice.
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Provides guidance for personal issues that you may be facing as well as information about other concerns that affect your life. The EAP program offers assistance/help with Education, Life Style & Fitness Management, Dependent Care and Care Giving, Legal & Financial concerns as well as information on work matters such as Career Development.
- EAP counselors are available 24/7. The program offers up to 3 free sessions with local counselors per year.
- You also have access to their website which contains over 3,400 helpful articles that will help you create balance and information in your life.
Pre-Paid Legal Program
All employees have access to a very reasonably priced pre-paid legal program. This program provides assistance with legal issues of all types that may arise in your life.
The hospital recognizes length of service in five-year increments. A recognition luncheon is held to honor all employees reaching service milestones.
Employee of the Month Appreciation Award
Each month, the Human Resources Department recognizes an outstanding employee who has been nominated. The employee of the month will be one that has gone above and beyond or has shown excellence in their position.
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital is associated with Arrowhead Credit Union. All employees are eligible to join the credit union. Employees may arrange for loan payments or savings deposits to be made by payroll deduction.
All employees may have their payroll check deposited automatically to participating financial institutions. Deposits may be made to up to two accounts, which may be at different financial institutions.
Leisure Activity Discount Cards
Many amusement and entertainment centers in the Southern California area make discount cards and special promotion discounts available to the hospital. All employees are eligible to take advantage of these opportunities via the Fun Express website.
We also have a list of local business that will give you a discount on products or services with the presentation of your hospital badge.
Human Resources Coordinator
Yesenia De La Cruz